Antivirus guarantees of any sort are virtually unheard of in the industry. Most sellers of antivirus software guarantee exactly nothing. They'll tell you how fantastic the software is, in order to get you to buy it, but if you get infected with a virus or other malicious software, it then becomes a case of how much you'll pay them - again - in order to get your machine cleaned up.
Most security software today is sold with the impression that it will fix all your problems. Some marketing copy that large anti-virus companies have used recently:
"Get rock solid, 24/7 protection for your PC."
"See the signs. Be worry-free. Safer, Smarter, Simpler."
"Smart security for total online safety."
"....Total Protection....makes every day a holiday by eliminating Internet spam, scams, viruses, and adware."
All of these imply, or even almost state outright that the advertised software will completely protect your computer against all threats.
Until, of course, you read the fine print. Then you realize that there isn't any guarantee at all, and if the software fails to protect you, you're on your own to get your computer cleaned up.
At CB Services, this doesn't seem like good customer service. Because, let's face it. It isn't.
When you buy antivirus software from CB Services, you'll get not only the antivirus software, but you'll also get an infection guarantee.
If you're running antiviirus software recommended by and purchased from CB Services, and within 6 months of purchase get infected with any malicious software that cannot be removed by that antivirus software, your machine will be cleaned up for free, using either remote or depot service. Onsite service is extra.
There are a few conditions for this guarantee:
- the antivirus software must be running and properly updated at all times.
- no other antivirus software can be installed. (This is a bad idea anyway, as multiple antivirus packages can easily conflict with each other.)
- the antivirus software must be purchased from CB Services within the past 6 months.
- antispyware software can be installed, but should be on the CB Services recommended antispyware software list (not yet published).*
The currently recommended antivirus program is Avast!, by Alwil Software. There is a free version of this software for home use only, however, this version does not meet the requirements for this guarantee.
Avast Professional for Microsoft Windows is available from CB Services for $47.95 CAD. Discounts are available for site licences, and versions for other operating systems are also available. Contact us for more details.
* If you know of an antispyware program you'd like to use, and it's not on the list, let us know. We test a lot of antispyware software, but can't cover everything. Your suggestion will be evaluated, and a decision will be made whether to include it on the list.